From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2012 14:17:37 -0400
Doug,

I'll throw one more thing at you:  If you can't set the squelch to your
liking via the control panel, maybe you   can edit the config file.

I've found over the years that some programs that aren't very accessible
in the normal fashion  can be  tweaked   via the configuration file.

I haven't done this, and can't promise it will work, but may be worth a
try.

You will find the file under the  mmtty folder of your programs files
folder.  It's just a text file and will open with notepad.  I'd suggest
backing up the file first just to be safe.

In the text file you will see:
"AFCSQ=32"  which is the AFC squelch you find  under the "setup mmtty"
dropdown menu.

Further down is:

SQ=0
SQLevel=6.000000e+02

I'm wondering if changing the sq=0 to a higher number  may be the same
as changing it  from the control panel.   I have no idea what the second
line is, and I wouldn't mess with it myself, but you may be braver than me.

Even if this works, it's not something you would do on the fly while
operating, but  maybe you could find a setting that gives satisfactory
results.

73, Steve KW3A