From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2015 16:10:14 -0600
In the story it said that even he uses a cane and also a hiking stick when
he goes hiking.  So apparently it is not meant to be a substitute for a cane
or guide dog.  I'm skeptical of it as a primary mobility tool, but if it
helps some then let them do it as long as it doesn't annoy others.  But can
you imagine lots of blind people at a convention tongue clicking?  It might
not be any more annoying than cane tapping, but I question its value in that
environment.
Harvey