From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2008 15:06:28 -0500
Go for the Kenwood. You won't be sorry. I've had one for many years. I
wouldn't even give it a thought when deciding between the 2 it would be the
Kenwood THF6A all the way. If you want to program the VX7 with software and
never change anything from the front of the radio, that may work for you but
that's about it. Also, the newer yaesu radios, that one in particular, has a
feature that I'm not sure what it is,b ut everyone turns it on by mistake
and it causes a couple second delay when you hit the PTT button, and in that
time is transmits a short tone. The FT-60 is like that too, very easy button
to hit by mistake. Still a lot of quality control problems over there as
well.  I'd definitely get the Kenwood THF6A. when the day comes they
discontinue it, I'm going to buy another one, that's how much I like mine.