From:
Chris Schulte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:39:16 -0400
It also depends on how much power you want and if you want to spend the
money on an external tuner.  The 480 in and of itself has 200 watts out and
doesn't come with an autotuner.
The 480 sat is only 100 watts
out and has an antenna tuner built right in.  Butch is correct in that the
480 talks a bit better with the vs3 then the 2000, I know this because I've
heard it from other blind hams that have said they wouldn't trade their 480s
for anything else.
That being said, I'm going for the 2000 in october, I just like the big
radio, and some of the contesting features that it has on it.
73,
Chris, w8cjs