Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 2010 20:30:14 -0500
It actually works better than I thought it would.
I've only made a few short contacts on 75 with it.
I talked to Florida, Georgia, and Mississippi on it, and a couple other
states I forget.
It's just a temporary solution until I can get a wire up.
I plan to put up a G5RV, but I need to figure out what I need first. Like
how much mast I can get away with, and if I can use guy wire instead of
rope.
I plan to put it up as an inverted V, and I have a feeling that if I use
rope somebody would keep cutting it.
I don't have much room for antennas but I think I can squeeze in a G5RV
along side the house.
I have 79 feet there, and I think if I get the center up high enough I can
fit the ends of a 102 foot G5RV into that space.
I really don't know though.