From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2012 09:38:29 -0800
Hi Steve, could be a possibility about bent pens, but it has
worked fine until a few weeks ago when it first went out and I
fixed it with a reset.  I took a conservative approach when I
first took the lid off again a couple days ago by just tapping it
and wiggling it a little.  That seemed to make it come back.  I
hesitate spraying any kind of contact stuff in the socket.  I
plan to call HRO Oakland to see if they have any voice chips
before making the trek over there.  Of course I could take the
other chip out of my 480 but don't want to tempt fate by doing
that.  Thanks, and wishing you and yours a very happy and healthy
new year, Jim WA6EKS