Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:24:50 -0600

MIke freeman wrote:
   >I suppose this would be more of a question for the winter months,
   >but ....
   >Is there any place in the country -- say, in the MOuntain West or
   >Midwest -- where one can hear both WESTCARS and EASTCARS at the same
   >time? They're on the same freq.
MOstly 40 is too short for that.  from Iowa I could sometimes hear
eastcars on my vertical.

I used to be an ncs for Midcars on 7258 when I lived back there.

I get down to 40 for traffic nets once in awhile and sometimes hang on
southcars a bit of a morning or 7290 net but usually I'm on the
maritime mobile service net on 14.300.  Always glad to move off with
somebody for a little ol' ragchew when I'm not ncs.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions

--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania