From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2011 21:07:52 -0700
where is the interesting part here Tom?
I suppose it may be that there is no beep when you turn the power supply off
when the rig runners switch is in the off position?
Seems to me, that it shouldn't beep in this position since the rig runner
is, in fact, off...that 25A outlet is a pass through outlet that isn't
switched with the main switch etc.
The higher end rig runners have a few different warning tones on them...such
as when voltage drops below a certain level...when you shut your PS off, it
ramps down the voltage until it just shuts off...usually takes a second or
two for this to happen...the rig runner is probably telling you that your
voltage is dropping below 12VDC or something or what ever the minimum
voltage is set on it...check the manual or documentation on your model of
the rig runner and you'll see something about this...
You know when you are running your HF radio, and shut the PS off while the
rig is still receiving, it'll go for a second or two, then you'll hear a
stuttering sound as the radios relay starts flipping on and off due to not
having enough voltage to keep the receiver going...then everything just
shuts off...that is the PS ramping down.
you should have alert tones on the rig runner for shorts, to alert you when
you switch from battery power to PS power or when a battery charger kicks on
or kicks off through the charging circuit etc...it's all pretty well
documented in the product descriptions on the retail web pages.
I don't have one of these, but I have read feature and function descriptions
before.

73
Colin, V A6BKX