From:
Jeff Kenyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 2005 11:25:09 -0500
Hi Colin and the group.  I think that I may be connecting to the network
at the hih school just a block away from me.  A wireless system had been
in the works there, but I don't know if it is up ad running or clear or
encrypted.  i know that when I telnet to this account sometims I just get
an IP address and others I get that I had telneted in from Comcast.  I do
 keep track of th the times i log in and everything, and I know what you
are talking about with connecting to multiple networks. On a few times I
have brought my computer to work with me, and on the us I pass by
networks, and some are secure and others  are not, but on any given time I
can connect to up to 20 networks as we go down the street.  The only
drawback to using my wireless in my bedroom is that wait time and like I
said sometimes unstable connections.  If in fact, i am connecting through
the high school's network I am behaving myself, and it is allowing me to
telnet and to access my work E-mail which I get to through a VPN client.
Now, that would be interesting.   Is there a way of checking where you
logged onto the VPN connection from, like there is with telnet
connections?