From:
Brett Winchester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2006 09:02:46 -0600
I had a tape another ham had given me of the 100 most frequently used
words in the English language sent with about 20 wpm character speed and
13 wpm spacing.  It did also have some ham specific terms thrown in as
well.  Unfortunately I cannot lay my hands on it now but it should not
be difficult to prepare a computer program that would randomly generate
practice sessions in this manner for study.

Thank you!

BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN
VOLUNTEER SERVICES, BRAILLE TRANSLATION,
ADAPTIVE TECHNOLOGY, INFORMATION RESOURCES
	http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/radio.htm

IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED - ICBVI
(mailing
P O BOX 83720,
BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012
(Physical)
120 SOUTH COLE ROAD
BOISE IDAHO 83709

208-334-3220 ext 104 +7=voice mail after hours,                    Fax
208-334-2963

Member IAAIS International Association of Audio Information Services
http://www.iaais.org

Yes.  I met him once when I was a young boy and talked with him briefly
couple of times several years later.

He grew up in a town not too far from where I lived, and my dad met him

through a ham friend who lived in the same town.

As you say, his method seems quite effective for many people, and I
found it
helpful.  He emphasized recognizing sound patterns--hearing the
character as
a whole and not taking it apart dit-by-dit and dah-by-dah.  Then
recognizing
word patterns--the rhythm of the word
"time" for instance.

Anyway, I would kind of like to have a set of those records just for
nostalgia's sake.

73.

Mike, K9AZS