From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 23:02:58 -0500
Hi Butch.

I'm kicking around the idea of updating my equipment (presently a Kenwood
TW-4000A).  How tough is it to set the PL tones on a TMV7A?  Do they give
you some kind of reference beep where you can count clicks, or is that
something that really requires sighted intervention.  I've been torn
between that radio and the '707.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 09:46 AM 2/9/2005 -0800, you wrote:
>Nothing wrong withe 707 and I once considered that one, but I figured I
>needed dual receive in my situation as well as cross band repeat, so was
>willing to give up a little accessability.  Just depends on what you want.
>By the way, a e s told me last saturday the tm-v7 is being closed out and
>it is being replaced with a 708.  They say only real difference is the
>display, but I haven't aactually looked at the specs on both.  I just went
>   with a known radio, the tm-v7a.
>73s
>Butch Bussen
>wa0vjr