From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2008 21:10:36 -0500
Very likely Astron makes the Kenwood power supply anyway, I know they do
make some of them for Kenwood. I think either one would work out. The Astron
one is what the local EOC uses in their go kits and they're very quiet and
me personally, I lean toward Astron power supplies any time I can because
they've been good to me and many others over the years. My astron RS35M has
run 24/7 since I got it 11 years ago almost, since my packet station is up
that much and it never complains. My other radios are on all the time I'm
awake too, at times I really run it hard. Switching power supplies you
really shouldn't run more than 70% duty cycle and unless they're portable, I
prefer regulated but I think of the 2 you're looking at, you probably might
as well go for the better deal if you're set on a switching power supply.