From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:23:57 -0400
John,

You need to make sure that the settings for your COM port agree with the
settings in the PK-232.  Specifically, check baud rate (probably matches or
you wouldn't get anything intelligible), stop bits, parity, and
handshake.  Also, make sure that local echo is turned off in Hyper
Terminal.  In the PK-232, that setting may be called Duplex, and you want
it set to Full.  If Local Echo is on or Duplex is set to Half, everything
you type will be sent to the PK-232 twice.  You'll probably have to do some
experimenting, but with a little patience I think you can make the two
devices talk to each other.  Good luck.

Steve