From:
don bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:18:55 -0700
Glad to hear he finally got nailed.

I live in California where repeater jamming seems to be a way of life and has been so for a very long time.  It was worse before people started putting
subaudible on repeaters but now that virtually all radios have that capability it's back.

If you've ever lived in a heavily populated area where jamming is a way of life, you get over the humor of it in a very big hurry.  It's almost enough to get you
to unload all your vhf equipment at times.

Don  W6SMB

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 11:11:24 -0600, Colin McDonald wrote:

ah great stuff.
Although, his jamming was quite amusing at times...he used to jam the 435
repeater system in L.A and i listened to it on shoutcast...some of the stuff
was funny...but on a constant basis, definitely not.
I guess there are still some judges with teeth out there.
73
Colin, V A6BKX
> ARLB017 Radio jammer Jack Gerritsen gets seven years, fines

> ZCZC AG17
> QST de W1AW
> ARRL Bulletin 17  ARLB017
> From ARRL Headquarters
> Newington CT  September 19, 2006
> To all radio amateurs

> SB QST ARL ARLB017
> ARLB017 Radio jammer Jack Gerritsen gets seven years, fines

> It was a day a lot of radio amateurs in Southern California had been
> anticipating for a long time. On September 18, US District Court Judge R.
> Gary Klausner sentenced convicted radio jammed Jack Gerritsen, now 70, to
> seven years imprisonment and imposed $15,225 in fines on six counts -- one

> felony -- that included transmitting without a license and willful and
> malicious interference with radio
> transmissions. Before sentencing, Gerritsen apologized to the federal
> government, the FCC and the local Amateur Radio community, which had
endured
> the brunt of Gerritsen's on-air tirades and outright jamming. "I'm sorry,
> and I apologize to everyone here," Gerritsen told those in the courtroom.

> Gerritsen's contrition did nothing to convince Klausner toward leniency.
The
> judge berated Gerritsen as a repeat offender and said he believed
Gerritsen

http://www.eset.com