From:
Brett Winchester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 07:24:11 -0600
Basic programing is possible without a PC but tedious as most all newer ht radios are these days.  I got a scanned copy of the manual but it has a lot of scannos and I have not had time to correct many of them.  I do have the manual and crib notes in my BNS which means I can take them with me more   easily and can search for things I want rather than have serial access to the manual.

Thank You!

BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/RADIO.HTM

READING SERVICES MANAGER
ICBVI - IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED
P O BOX 83720
BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012
208-334-3220 EXT 104/103 +7 for voice mail after business hours.
fax  208-334-2963

>>> Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]> 04/01 8:23 PM >>>
I sure wish I would have had your friend around when I purchased
my V.X.5-R.  I tried every way I knew to program it using the
radio and just couldn't do it.  I could do the basic functions,
but trying to program memories or knowing which menu you were in
at any given time was very hard and my computer is an old dos
operated 486 so programming it with the computer was not an
option.

I also agree that it should be programmable with the radio and
that it should be more accessible.  After all, what if you're out
of town and not near a computer?

Harvey