From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 2010 21:23:36 -0700
butch:
if you read the info on the radio,it says near the bottom that you can get
either a DB9 or USB programming cable.
you can also get a cloning cable.
So, if you email the company, or look a little more on the sight, you can
probably find the software as well.
the accessories that come with this little radio are pretty decent too...a
car charger, desk charger, ear piece/microphone, clip etc.
Kenwood and Icom really need to take a page from these guys marketting and
development book.
That said, these radios are of course only legal to be operated by license
amateurs who are allowed to operate and possess non-type accepted
transmission equipment.
In canada that is only advanced class license holders who can repare,
modify, build, own or operate non-type accepted transmitters below 1.2GHZ.
that's the regulations...we're self policed so a ham can get away with using
one of these without being an advanced or equivalent license holder since
the radios are pretty much exact clones of all type accepted radios in the
US and canada and most other industrialized nations.
73
Colin, V A6BKX