From:
Dave Hillebrandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 05:56:15 -0400
Ten Tec does not make the most speech friendly rigs but they sure have great
receivers. I bought a used omni six and it has synthesizer for frequency
readout but no speech for anything else. is a little disappointing
considering all the stuff my Kenwood Ts570DG will speak and is very helpful
to have something go through all menus. Also, Ten Tec does not have auto
antenna tuners which i have missed. Still, they are fairly easy to operate
and even though not as blind friendly as i'd like, they still make a very
solid and great rig to use once you get it set up. Was able to figure it out
pretty quickly and with no outside help so sure most anyone could. There is
nothing like their receivers and just blows my 570 out of the water, though
i love the 570 for ease of operation and still plenty good for most stuff.
73, Dave W4CI