From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 2009 08:37:38 -0400
transportation wise, I'm in a similar boat and miss a lot because of it. The
only thing I can think of is I'll have to move when I can. that, how ever,
is not right now. My family gives me rides sometimes but more often than not
with a lot of complaint. I get lucky with ham radio club meetings, I have
hams that live close enough to get me to them, but really, almost anything
else is a struggle on it's best day. Cabs are an option but I'd have to pay
an out of area fee and as far as I am from anything, the rides would cost
about $25-30 at least each way I've figured out in the past and I can't
afford that. For the area that would get me it's not even worth it, this
city is a crime infested pit lately and I'm sure going to a better town
would cost more.