From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2007 18:17:02 -0600
yeh i had trouble getting my twowire gateway 2700 to work as well.
The trick is in configuring the fire wall for the computer you actually have
echolink on.  If you only have one computer on the system, then its simple,
but if you have more then one, you have to select the appropriate machine to
make the rule for.
Then, you simply make 2 rules, one that opens up the ports that are
indicated on the echolink website...off the top of my head its UDP ports
5198 and 5199, and TCP port 5200.
I think you also have to make a firewall rule that indicates echolink is
connecting...
that's all i can say, i usually spend about an hour configuring it when i
have to and I can never remember the exact sequence that works each time.
But fear not, it does eventually let it through.
73
Colin, V A6BKX