From:
CHRISTOPHER SCHULTE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:43:20 -0500
You can set up your own echo linkn ode because there are a lot of people out
there that like to do that sort of thing, and it's a lot cheapper to have
the node built right into the radio then it is to order an interface and all
of the cables for that.

You can hook the rig up to a secondary APRS system because for some reason,
sighted people find it interesting to have their mobile location beaconed
every thirty seconds to one minute so others can track them.  The big
feature that I found interesting on that radio is you can hook it up to your
weather station software and broadcast weather info from your location via
packet.

73,
Chris, w8cjs
Check out my web site,