From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 20:53:52 -0800
Hi John,

Not that I'm trying to convince you to buy a 480 but I'm curious, what do
you need the body of the radio for?  On the TS-2000 everything is on the
front panel just like in the 480 with the exception of the mic plug.  It
just gets rid of the bulk of the radio and leaves you with the business end.

The major factor for me is that I have finally found the radio that will be
a keeper for me.  I've tried both flavors of the IC-746 and two TS-2000's
and this radio is finally the one that has everything on it I want, sounds
good and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  The thing that impressed me when I
looked at the reviews of this rig before I bought it is that no one in 30
reviews or so complained about the electronics of the rig, only the looks.
For me, that was a telling point.

Take care and very 73.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX