From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2011 21:12:49 -0400
Hi Mike and List;
I'm still recovering from Canadian price shock.  My butternut here was
about $450.00
Most people tend to use verticals because they have no tower and no
trees for a dipole.  If you can do a dipole the cost should be
significantly less and in many cases you end up with superior
performance.  Wonder what the alpha delta dxcc that Tom is using sells
for up your way?  The antenna is pretty much preassembled and you are
just putting on coax connectors as you would anything else.  Tom can
certainly offer much more info but if you have the trees and room its
worth a serious look.

--
richard