From:
Kevin Kwan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:40:27 -0500
no they don't. The only way you'll know where you are as far as programming
the pl tone for a particular frequency or repeater frequency is to simply
turn your dial and keep tweaking until you've arrived on the right tone. If
you're programming a repeater that's easy because it will not go until
you've got it. That's one of the bad things on that rig. Some of the
important functions won't talk. The only other way for you to program the
tones is to memorize them in order and don't stray from it. Or else you will
have to reset the Vfo so it goes back to 88.5. Then maybe you'll know where
you are. So if I asked for 107.2 you could find it for me. another way to
program your tones is through the computer. Perhaps, Kenwood will perfect a
next radio so it's more user friendly if you're totally blind. 73 and hope
that's of some sort of value. Va3kky.