From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2012 08:50:22 -0800
If you are using a c-Crane model, there's a pot inside the back
that you can turn up which will greatly increase the output
power, but not up to even 1 watt.  I had the same issue when I
first got one afew years back and was going to return the product
until I learned how to increase the range.  Jim WA6EKS

 From: Gary Ketler <[log in to unmask]
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Date sent: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 20:54:35 -0600

 The one I had only went about 15 or 20 feet.  I'd like to find
 one that would
 cover somewhere around 1000 square feet.

 From: "Ronald E.  Milliman" <[log in to unmask]
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Date sent: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 20:04:55 -0600
 Subject: Re: Another Gadget!

 I use a different little FM transmitter to transmit my XM/SIRIUS
 radio,
 computer, or other devices all over the house or my Victor
Reader
 Stream
 into my car's FM radio.  It seems to have pretty good distance
 and is really
 easy to use.  It operates on batteries or AC with an adaptor
that
 comes with
 it or it will also work from the car's battery using the
 cigarette
 lighter's power outlet.  It is called the WholeHouse FM
 Transmitter.  It
 costs quite a bit more than the one from Wal-Mart, but it
 transmits about 3
 times as far.  The audio quality is excellent.

 Ron, K8HSY

 At 07:18 PM 12/9/2012 -0600, Mike Duke, K5XU wrote:
 I thought some on this list may be interested in this little
part
 15
 FM BC transmitter from Wally World.

 Before talking book players became more portable, I often used
 such a
 device plugged into either the NLS cassette player, or the old
 Talking
 Book machine, so that I wouldn't have to wag the thing around
the
 house.

 The first one I used for that purpose was an old Knight kit AM
 transmitter.

 Mike Duke