From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2006 08:48:18 -0400
Honestly, on HF for a short run like that, I'd say you're good with what
you're doing, for short runs I'd say RG-8X is pretty good anywhere other
than maybe UHF, the measurements in loss are done in 100 foot runs so like
with my go kit, for the 2 meter side of things, I run the RG8X since most of
my set ups are less than 50 feet, my packet setup runs it and I've tried
both there and didn't notice much. If it's qualify coax which the brand you
mention is, on HF, you're not going to notice any difference at all going up
to a heavier coax. Fact is, with HF you could get away with RG8X anywhere
and if you run 160 and 80 only, RG58 is good enough. Just the way the bands
work.