From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2006 17:16:12 -0400
lots of people open the radios to do that. they're not legal to actually
transmit there but doing the modification isn't a problem, people in MARS
and CAP especially do that so they can go on their frequencies. I know
people who use them on the GMRS frequencies too but they're not supposed to.
I tend to just stick for what's meant for those bands. With my luck if I
tried it I'd get caught and I'm involved in way too much to lose it all now
but I have had radios opened up for that before and they can be.