From:
Frank Ventura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 2015 18:33:13 +0000
Hi all, I need a little help. I am experimenting with a Kenwood TS2000 with the VS3 board installed. I have gotten most of what I need done and have had a few QSOs on one of our local 2 meter repeaters. I know that I can control the rig with the computer and will experiment with that shortly but want to learn to use it as best as possible without computer control first. The problem that has this dumb dumb puzzled is programming the PF key in the upper left corner next to the power button. I have successfully adjusted the VS3 volume with menu 15. I would like to change the setting of the PF button. Currently right now it toggles between Menu and VFO when pressed. If I am reading the manual correctly I think it can be changed with menu 51a. OK now this is where I get lost. I can't tell what choices I have to set it to or how to set it. When I cycle through choices in menu 51a I think it only gives me numbers. Can the PF button be programmed to read the current freq? If not then what is the  most useful thiong to program it to do?
Thanks
Frank