From:
Kenneth Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:51:41 -0500
The nature of APRS is very graphical, that is, you send an APRS signal and
your position pops up on a map.  A text based solution could work something
like this.

You decode the APRS signal (easy if you have a TNC, and maybe you can use
sound card?) Then create a list of stations heard, with time stamps.  You
could use your arrow keys to highlight the station you are interested in and
using hot keys the application could tell you the stations current location.
For example.

N5SWR - 56 dg North East, 5.25 miles.

If you had a database of common locations the application could say
something like.

N5SWR, East on I40 at mile marker 276.

Or

N5SWR - Route 50 and Annandale road.