From:
Jim Kutsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:52:02 -0400
I bought a custom made voice rotor readout back in around 1983 or so.  The
guy who made it passed the voltage that drives the meter to an A-to-D
converter then had a speech board to verbalize compass headings from 0 to
359 degrees.  It was a very expensive and custom made accessibility device
but it demonstrated that it could be done.  It worked very well.

Jim Kutsch
Jacksonville, FL