From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 2009 14:29:51 -0400
Terri,

As I read that article, I had very mixed emotions.  Much as I'd love to
drive, I'm not sure I'd trust the technology, and I think I'd rather see
development of a technology that would guide and control cars for everyone,
sighted or otherwise.  Besides all your excellent points, I'm not sure
anyone's reflexes would be fast enough to make the kind of split-second
decisions need for driving based on auditory information.  And you're right,
it's so typical of NFB to go for a spectacular, attention-grabbing, and not
very practical project while ignoring such things as accessible currency
(but who needs that anyway when we have money identifiers that don't work
very well).

Steve