From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2013 02:15:22 -0600
bad eggs are definitely the exception on amateur bands.
At least HF bands.
And more specifically, any DX band.  The crap happens when a group of like
minded individuals can congregate and can hear each other on a consistent
bases, every day or every night year after year.
It becomes their corner pub if you will and we know that a public house is
generally relatively free of constraints when it comes to language or
subject matter.
You certainly don't get much of the garbage when guys can't hear each other,
or they have to deal with band fade, or weak signals or any of that normal
DX stuff.
Stick some people behind a microphone and they become super man and real
tough lol.
Probably decent enough people in real life though.
It gets to be like theater where guys are acting or behaving a certain way
because they've built a persona around that.
The on air personality if you will for better or worse.

73
Colin, V A6BKX