From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 2010 07:57:05 -0400
Very true, I have an IC-27H, now without the high power module so it's a 27A
now with 25 watts instead of 45, but it's at the EOC I volunteer at since
the radio I use there broke and I paid about $40 for that with the voice
read out for frequency. I have a Kenwood TM-201B as well I paid $25 for,
only one PL tone in that one, I used to use that one on packet until the
receive went soft and power output went a little erratic then I put a
TM-271A in line since my packet setup was getting more use and I was burning
up older radios anyway, but they're out there for cheap money there's no way
I would put money in to crystals. I took the crystal radios to a ham fest
but they didn't go but I may try again, we were inside and I think that sort
of thing does a lot better outside at that ham fest, I really think the
inside spot killed me. Inside with the venders with the new equipment,
people don't go looking for used stuff much in there just new or commercial.