From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2014 16:55:43 -0400
I don't know why, but I was always taught when working with car batteries,
to disconnect the negative first and reconnect it last. I was told once
there's less chance of a spark that way and if something is wrong it's less
chance of a shock, I don't know how true that is if at all but that's just
always the way I've done it and can't say it's been an issue. I know many
mechanics insist on that when jumping a car as well.