From:
Jim Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2014 09:40:42 -0600
This discussion makes me appreciate my JJRadio program which I've written,
and works well with my TS590.  When the program comes up, you immediately
see the important stuff such as your Vox setting, current VFO, whether your
in split mode, the frequency, and the RIT and XIT offsets if any.  It also
shows the continuously updated s-meter reading.  There are other screen
fields that allow you to see and set the radio's parameters.  It's kind of
like an accessible Ham Radio Delux for the 590.  It even allows you to look
through the menus, telling you what each item is, not just the menu number.
You can then change the item, and you are shown the meaning of each setting.

I'll be happy to send anyone the documentation file for it, in HtML format,
if you'd like to see what it's all about.  If you want to try it, I'll send
you the program.  I would ask that you provide me feedback on how it works,
especially if you have problems.  I'd like to get it in the hands of some
other operators, to see if you like it as well as I do.

It's a work in progress, and I'm adding to it as I speak.  It's my home brew
project, and I'm having a good time with it if nothing else.
--
Jim Shaffer, KE5AL