From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 2010 14:27:38 -0330
Hi all:

Well it seems that Ham Radio Deluxe as a remote HF backbone, is unreliable.
I have a Kenwood TS-570 connected and configured connected to a PC at my parents house, 45 miles away, with the ports properly configured to allow an internet connection.
Running HRD on my netbook, I can connect to the other PC but it's a hit an miss with getting ther hrd server and connected 570 to start.
For the past 2 days, twice a day, I managed to get a fully functioning Remote HF connect, 570 running and everything.
Today, no such luck although each time, HRD is reporting a connection to the server.
I've tried 5 times already and no go.
Probably the 6TH attempt may work.
I don't think this is a reliable setup.
I know a couple of you are running Echolink repeaters, how can this be applied this to a remote HF station?
I've seen a couple of remote HF stations on echo link and the audio is excellent. Mainly NP2KW-L.
Anyone know of a good way to go about this?

TNX &73:

Michael De VO1RYN