From:
Shaun Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2008 19:01:40 +1100
the budget unfortunately precludes me from some of the nicer kenwoods.
so yeah, am looking for the best for the bucks I got. as long as it
tells me what frequency I'm on and s meter readings, and possibly mode,
then that will do. everything else is incidental at this juncture.
I'm not registered on ebay and don't plan on it at this time either. I
do look around vkham.com and various dealers that stock second-hand gear
to see what I might be able to pick up and, for how much.
right now, if I want no accessibility, teh Yaesu FT817 is looking great
problem there is I'd have to fork out for a milenium QSYer. so the Icom
IC718 looks the go for the time being. I did want an IC703 but they're
not carried over here in australia anymore and to import one would cost
me more than I'm prepared to fork over for a radio of that type.

On 18/02/2008 6:05 PM, the old scribe known as Colin McDonald was able
to impart this pearl of wisdom: