From:
Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 20:22:09 -0700
Ron:

I have successfully used some tactile electronics diagrams in physics
labs and have occasionally seen some somewhat useful electronics
diagrams in books.  However, most electronics diagrams are too "busy" --
one can cram far more useful information on a printed diagram than can
be handled by the sense of touch on a page of equal size.  Hence, I deem
it almost essential that good verbal descriptions of diagrams be
provided.  If tactile diagrams are also provided, so much the better.
The fly in the ointment, of course, is finding persons who are skilled
both verbally and spatially so that they can accurately and
comprehensibly describe complex diagrams.  Bob Gunderson and associates
he trained could do it; I once had a professor of electricity and
magnetism who could be handed a diagram and immediately read it
comprehensibly -- wish I could have cloned him -- but have known few
others who were really good at it.

Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Amateur Radio: < K 7 U I J >