From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2014 11:02:55 -0400
Not that I know of.  I'm not even sure how they'd implement it because freezing could be caused by anything from a bug in JAWS to a machine crash.

It would be great if FS could release one version of JAWS that did nothing but fix all (and I mean ALL) the bugs, but they'll never do it because it would cause their sales to plummet.  Customers feel like they're getting ripped off if a software release has bug fixes without any new features.  Incidentally, even the big guys like Microsoft have the same problem, and they have lots more resources than a company like FS, which is really small potatoes despite what most blind people think.  Then too, Windows itself is a moving target, and the things that worked well even a year or two ago have changed, and the screen readers have to keep up.  I'm not even sure if recent versions of JAWS will run on any OS before XP, and I know that version 16 won't even run on XP.

Steve