From:
don bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 2008 09:41:21 -0800
Hi Tom,

The stream does have an internal speaker but it's small and good for
listening in very specific situations.  In a vehicle though, you'd
definitely want something better and with a bit of power to hear over
road noise and even if you're parked.  I haven't tried the unit you
described for an ipod, but that just might be a good solution.

Otherwise, you can get small power speakers from a lot of places and
there are several brands to choose from.  But, you'll definitely want an
external speaker of some sort unless you plan to use earphones most of
the time.
Because of the small size, the speaker volume of the internal isn't all
that powerful, and the sound quality isn't all that good for general
listening unless you've got it on your pillow or something like that.

Don