From:
Christopher Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 17:31:47 -0400
Ray,
I'm just getting started with echolink and would love to have a favorites
list of the blind-hams who use it.  My memory isn't what it once was, and
by the time I get into echolink, I've forgotten what callsign to go after.

I became a ham back in the mid 60's when things were simple.  First of all,
the number in the callsign meant something.  Where Ilive, everyone had a 1
in their call. Now I could have a k6 living next door to me.  The second
issue is the vanity thing.  Yes, I thought I'd be cute and get one before
they were all taken.  But I suppose I could change it again and no one
would recognize me for a while.

So, in some sense, callsigns are like email addresses (here today,
somewhere else next week).

Actually, I be happy to compose a favorites list and post it for everyone's
benefit.  What I would need is a list of echolink users.  If folks are
interested, email your call signs either privately or to the list.

Hope to get on echolink soon.

73 chris w1gm