From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:52:51 -0700
I have tested all sorts of batteries on various products.  In fact, I hate
using anything that won't run on a battery any more.  So, as I say, I have
tried all types of batteries and find the RS batteries to last longer than
most other national brands.  Yes, I love Metal Hydride batteries but hate
having to fiddle around charging them.  I have had excellent luck with
talking watches from RS, nice reasonable headphones, burglar alarms,
miniature battery powered microphones that offered amazing quality for the
price, tripods for roof mounted antennas, push up telescoping masts to hang
wire antennas off of, mixer boards, all types of cables and connectors and
adapters, as well as a variety of all sorts of electronic gear over the
years.  Shoot, for my pocketbook, I actually like RS and most of their
products.  I used to refuse going to RS in the earlier days due to their
poorly trained people and that still is a problem to some degree but the
products have certainly improved over the years.  Nothing lasts very long
these days it would seem, however, so forget buying the warrantees.

Phil,
K0NX