From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 2015 19:44:13 -0400
Don:

I'm sure others will chime in via e-mail, or whatever means can be worked
out between now and this week-end, but here's my two cents worth to get you
started.

As you say, the N3FJP logging software does support LOTW, so, if it were me,
I'd probably stick to that as a means of electronically confirming contacts.
As of yet, I personally haven't done too much with LOTW, but I know others
on the list have, with good success.  Working more with LOTW is definitely
on my "to do" list.

The n3fjp logging software might support uploading into qrz.com, but I'm not
sure of the accessibility of that process.

Regarding submitting your contest log for the New York QSO Party this coming
week-end, most contests prefer that your log be submitted in Cabrillo
format.  If you get the most current N3FJP logging software for the New York
Qso Party, you will have the save as Cabrillo option under the usual file
saving menus.  I just checked, and it is version 1.2.

I can tell you how to get to the file saving options if this is the way you
want to go.

Again, this is, by no means a complete summary of everything you need to
know about the ins and outs of contesting, but my advice would be to just
get on the air, and do what you can. ... That's how I, and I'm sure all
others, got started, and I still have very much to learn.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ