From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2008 09:04:52 -0500
Good point, Colin.  I'm not certain which oscillator it is, and now that I
think of it, it might be the phase lock loop, which has to be very stable.
My point, though, is that in most cases, the radio is stable enough that you
don't need anything more than what's already there.  In fact, I didn't even
know there was such an option for the 480 until I heard talk of it on this
list.

Steve