Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 2015 14:56:48 -0400
Big difference?  I'd say it might seem big when you first switch, but it really isn't.

The main thing you have to learn is that the layout of the start menu is different.  Now that I've been using it for a couple years; I'd never go back.

Basically, when you press the Windows key you are in an active search box.  If you press the first few letters of what you're looking for, it will populate on the screen.  If you use downarrow you can see the results.  Even if you press downarrow, you can type in additional letters to further refine your search.  It will search programs, your documents, music and pictures.

For example, if I type ha it would say personalize handwriting recognition if I down arrow I'd see control panel "what happened to the quick-launch toolbar and formatting hard disk partition, plus many more.

If I add the letter M to that, I get Ham, then in documents I get "Sex and a Ham Sandwich," "Ham Radio Elmer," "You are a ham radio operator if....," "Ham Radio Spirit," etc.  So, it works kind of like the old augmented search programs you could use with your computer, I think it was fido.

Steve