From:
Scott Gillen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2012 10:22:35 +1300
I once had a Kenwood TS-440. The antenna was a 20 foot wire connected to the center of a pl259. Nothing was connected to the outer ring. I ran it out the window to a wooden fence.  My friend made it for me so i could listen to the hf bands.  I thought lets see if it will tune up.  Seemed like the tuner in that thing could tune anything.  Worked all over. I do remember working Mexico from New Zealand. I think it was on 10 or 20m in around 1992.

73
Scott
zl1chm / n0hok
Auckland New Zealand