From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2013 10:13:07 -0700
Howard, regarding your first question about the wireless
headphones, you may be able to find the signal on the 71a, but
the headset transmitters are most likely wideband whereas  the
71a can only receive narrow band FM far as I know.  So if you are
able to hear the output from the headset transmitter, sances are,
it will sound pretty garbled unless the audio coming through it
happens to be very quiet at the time you are listening.  I wish I
had one of those so I could experiment.  Only thing I have close
to that is a Yaesu Vr500 pocket receiver that goes from 150 KHZ
to 1.3 GHZ and does have a wideband Fm mode.  I have heard
wireless mics at places where I have played gigs, like a swing
dance club where the instructors wore the mic to give verbal
commands to the people.  They came through fine but were fairly
quiet audio over the VR500 and the range was not much.  But then
that little receiver has  questionable sensitivity especially up
in the 600 meg range where those mic's were.  Jim WA6EKS