From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:45:08 -0800
I'll probably keep the tmv-7a, but I'm more than a little disappointed in
a e s here in Vegas.  When I was looking at radios, I asked the sales
people repeatedly what the differences were between this one which was
being discontinued and the tmv-708a.  They repeatedly told me only the
display.  Today I find ethere is a great deal of difference in receive
coverage.  708 covers 118 to 1.2 gig and 7v covers 118 to 174 and 320 370
or something like that.  I called a e s and they said if it looked like
new they would take it back for a 15% restocking otherwise all they would
allow for this radio, 2 weeks old, $150.00  In retrospect I should have
made them dig out the manuals, but I assumed they knew their products.
I'd probably have paid the difference at the time for the extra receive
for the mobile.  Live and learn!!!
73s
Butch Bussen
wa0vjr