From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2013 14:55:18 -0400
Hi again.

Just thought I'd update everyone on a few things in my world up here in the
still semi-frozen north country of central lower Michigan.  Why do I say the
still-semi-frozen north country??  Well, believe it or not, we're suppose to
have a rain/snow mix here late tonight and tomorrow, even though the
calender says tomorrow is May 12th.

First, I won't be on the 40-meter round table today.  This past week has
been a killer at work with 10 to 12-hour days, due to end-of-the school year
activities, including two graduation ceremonies yesterday.  I have a few
hours this afternoon to get some things done that I've been neglecting for
weeks, so better get to them, before we go out to dinner with some friends
tonight.

Even though I will still have to work this summer due to my Department Head
position, things should now slow down a bit, so that at least I'll be able
to take some vacation time from week to week, and only need to work the
standard normal work day hours Monday through Friday.  My periodic vacation
time will begin this week, with Thursday and Friday being my first set of
days off.

Our RV has had to go into the shop for service work on the refrigeration
unit, but at least the repairs are covered by warranty, so the repair
expenses  shouldn't be much out of our pocket other than a small deductible.

Hopefully, later this week, we'll get the RV back, and get it out to the
camp site.  Then, I can put my G5RV back up and get back on the air out
there, hopefully by the week-end.

Finally, due to my wife's latest medical issues, we will not be making the
pilgrimage to Dayton this year, so for those of you that will be going, have
a great time, and let's plan for next year.

73 for now from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ