From:
Kenneth Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:27:41 -0500
Butch, I've had my V7 since they first came off the assembly line and I know
it pretty well, but I still have to re-learn the menu system every time I
need to make a change.  Most things in there you just set and forget.

You can find your position in the menus by listening to the beeps.  While in
the menu system the third function (Reverse) becomes a right arrow and [LOW]
becomes the [SET] key.

Pressing the right arrow on a menu option with multiple options will make a
sort of low beep and you can back up by pressing the function key.

There are 4 options in a row (8, 9, 10 and 11) that will make the error beep
when you press the right arrow on them.  Also option 17 and 1 are right next
to each other and they both make the error beep when you press the right
arrow on them.

So when you hear 4 error beeps in a row then you know the next option down
is #12 and two beeps in a row the next option is #2.

So as you go thru the menus to find your position, you'll press [RightArrow]
[F] [down] on multi-option menus and just arrow down on the menu options
that give the error beep.

This sounds complicated, but it's easier than how I described it.  It just
takes some practice to get the hang of it.

73, Ken -N5SWR