From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2007 18:38:25 -0400
Hi Jerry.

It probably is normal.  You probably have the monitor turned on and when
you feed enough audio in you are hearing yourself through the speaker.  You
probably want to leave the monitor turned off except when you are wearing
headphones and want to hear your outgoing signal.

It's been a long long time since I used that radio, so I can't tell you
specifically how to operate the monitor function, but I remember that the
radio has one and I used to use it.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 03:08 PM 8/1/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>Since I can't see the needle for the mic gin, I turned it gradually.
>After a certain poing, I can hear my audio through the external speaker
>that I have connected to my radio.  Is this normal?
>

>--
>4:53 PM

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK